Website Design Update

— End of week Ten —

After taking on the lengthy and tedious task of searching for the perfect theme for my website, I have finally settled on the theme known as Fluida. This theme was honestly really frustrating to work with in the beginning, mostly because you have to go in and edit every single little detail of the website from its header, to the font you will see in the search bar (if present on your pages.) Although it was very frustrating having to spend literally hours on this theme alone and setting all of the information to it’s proper dimensions, the flexibility and creative outlet it provides makes my project as aesthetically pleasing as I can make it.

These are examples of what the theme can look like. It’s truly beautiful.

One challenge this theme does possess is the inability to edit or set the size for tables that are added to the webpages from TablePress. I have come to the realization that I will have to yet again, do twice the amount of work in order to produce something I am proud of. Importing Excel Sheets actually fixes the issue, but it is a task that is time consuming. Either way,  I am very happy to have found a theme I like, and have taken the time to teach myself the mechanics of what makes this particular theme work well. I didn’t want to settle for a theme that everyone else could have been using already, and I also wanted to present my information a little differently. Hopefully it works well.

Until next time, Maria.

Continue reading Website Design Update