— Beginning of week Sixteen —
What follows is a perusal of the project website and editorial comments. Most of these things must be corrected (Grammar, spelling, or punctuation for example) though some things are optional (prose or esthetic issues).
Comments here are from Dr. Dunn…
- THIS PROJECT’S GOAL IS TO IDENTIFY WHERE THE WICHITA INDIANS RESIDED BEFORE THE 20TH CENTURY IN RELATION TO THE TEXAS NORTHERN FRONTIER IN ORDER TO DOCUMENT THEIR MIGRATION PATTERN, ONE THAT CHANGED DRASTICALLY THAT DRASTICALLY CHANGED OVER TIME.
- THINK ALONG THESE LINES ^ AS FAR AS EDITORIAL AND COMPOSITION EDITS AND STREAMLINING GO.
- AN IMPORTANT QUESTION TO CONSIDER IN REGARDS TO MIGRATION IS WHAT AND HOW THE TERM MIGRATION IS DEFINED.
- THIS IS AN EXTREMELY LONG SENTENCE – CAN YOU BREAK IT UP? “SUCH FACTORS CAN INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE SETTLEMENT OF A NEW, MORE POWERFUL GROUP OF INDIVIDUALS INTO AN AREA WHERE A LESS POWERFUL GROUP CURRENTLY LIVES AND FORCES THE WEAKER GROUP TO MOVE ELSEWHERE, THE CLIMATE IN REGARDS TO GOVERNMENT FACTIONS AND INFLUENCES THAT MAY AFFECT A GROUP OF INDIVIDUALS, INTRASTATE OR CIVIL WARS, OR SIMPLY ENVIRONMENTAL LIMITATIONS OR CHANGES.”
THE WICHITA INDIANS PAGE
- This cultural tie to the Caddoan language was not unique sole to the Wichita;
- Often referred to as the “Grass-house People”, the Wichita [ The comma should be placed inside of the quotation – “Grass-house People,” ]
- What is the attribution for the grass-house photographs? The other photographs on the page?
- Check your footnote formatting against the specs in this online chicago manual of style (they are incorrect): https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/717/01/
Identification of the wichita subpage
- Attribution for the three maps?
Identifying Forced Migration page
- In the StoryMapjs, check the spelling of relocated in slide titled, “the whichita and associated tribes are rellocated.”
Patterns of migration subpage
- if you enlarge the map it is much easier to navigate and simply to see – include that in the instructions.
Significance of the northern frontier page
- Such cities include the cities of Abilene, Brownwood, Dallas, Grand Prairie, San Angelo, Sherman, and Wichita Falls.
- Your heading: WHAT IS IT’S SIGNIFICANCE TO THE CITY OF WICHITA FALLS? [ Better to write,…what is the frontier’s significance to Wichita Falls? ]
- State’s significance to migration subpage [Better to write…The significance to migration of the states…]Photographs page
- These photographs need some type of attribution.
Portraits of the wichita subpage
- Can you provide some text here that explains what you find most important about these images?
- attribution needed.
This is very nicely rendered.