— End of week Six —
Update on the Project’s Contract
The following is the summary of our project’s contract as it has been created and updated thus far; this is a rough draft and the information is subject to change or be amended.
- Project Description
- Tools to be Utilized
- Work to be Completed by Team Members
- Schedule of Milestones
- Full Research Proposal
The purpose of this research project is essentially designed around and intended to uncover the historical significance and further influence Native American Indian Tribes had in the Northern Frontier of Texas. More specifically tied into our project is the surrounding rhetoric and memorabilia found in the City of Wichita Falls towards the Wichita, and their forced migration patterns as seen in the late and early 19th and 20th century to and from Wichita Falls, Texas. As noted, this project intends to place the Wichita and other regional populations into the appropriate historical context, ranging from their initial presence through forced migrations and ending in their continued influence on regional culture even after their departure. Academic research has been produced in regards towards the Native American groups found in the Western Texoma region and the area surrounding Wichita Falls, TX.
Tools to be Utilized
- Throughout the entirety of this project, multiple social media platforms will be utilized in order to keep up with the progress of the work being done collectively as a team and individually such as:
- Additionally to these platforms, various tools will be utilized to map and track the process of migration in order to present the information in a neat, clean, and interactive manner such as:
- Story Map JS
- Timeline Js
- Furthermore, to document the work in progress that is to be utilized as an annotated bibliography, Google Docs will be utilized through the link provided: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-7NeTVzA-HtKzqIikKiCP5ETjGOoyOtUd6I8b1gbHjc/edit?usp=sharing
- Lastly, secondary and primary sources in the form of articles, texts, and possible interviews from Historians in the Wichita Falls Community will be utilized to collect the information necessary to create this project.
Work to be Completed by Team Members
- Regional Establishment and History: Brad
- An overview of Native American settlement within and early influences upon the Texoma region, especially in the 18th and mid-19th centuries
- Forced Migrations: Maria
- The movement of Native American people in response to outside pressures of Anglo – American settlement, including relegation to reservations in Texas and Oklahoma
- Significance of the Northern Frontier: Brad and Maria
- In regards to the establishment of the Northern Frontier within the State of Texas in the late 18th and early 19th century, an understanding of the Anglo American settlement on the land in the Texoma Region and consequent forced migration on behalf of the Native American Indians occurred is crucial.
- Website Design: Home, About, and Bibliographic pages, and any other support pages we deem necessary: Maria
- Final Draft of Contract: Maria
- As presented on Google Docs, as well as the working project site.
Schedule of Milestones
- 19 Sept: COPLAC Contract Rough Draft
- 22 Sept: Project Site Design Established
- 26 Sept: COPLAC Contract Rough Draft – 2nd review
- 30 Sept: Timeline and StoryMap developed
- 3 Oct: First Timeline JS and StoryMap JS [Syll.]
- 5 Oct: Contract Final Draft [Syll.]
- 31 Oct: Website Rough Draft [Syll.]
- 30 Nov: Final Presentations [Syll.]
- 11 Dec: Website Final Draft [Syll.]